Saturday, April 29, 2006

The Scope of the Game

Just now, I suddenly remembered two conversations I had in the Philippines about Leos and Aquarians. One was with Sunny Rose, an Aquarian who was still hung up on her ex-boyfriend who was also an Aquarian. The other one was with Jefp, a fellow Leo who, at that time, like me, was having boyfriend trouble with an Aquarian.

Interesting how Aquarians and Leos get along. I don't have any problem dealing with a female Aquarian, but introduce me to a male Aquarian and my life will turn full-circle in days. It's a fact. I had been with three Aquarians, and they all made a mark in my life. Whatever that's supposed to mean!

Before I proceed, let me impart to you some information that might help (or complicate) how you form your opinions on Leos and Aquarians or how lovers with different signs get along in general. Not that you need to have an opinion, but .... hell, read this!


LEO
Glamorous Leo enjoys a thoroughgoing love of life and all its pleasures.
Enthusiasm, generosity and your sunny disposition inspires the affection of many friends and admirers, while turning those with less popular personalities green with envy. Though full of ambition and enthusiasm, Leo has to admit to a lazy streak and, given the opportunity, will take the easy way out, especially when a situation offers little fun or glory. This is something lazy, luxurious Leo needs to watch.
Your sexuality is powerful. The solar fire of the Sun rules your nature, so your whole personality is dynamic and attractive to others. There is no shortage of those who long to bask in your solar warmth!
You are supremely loyal and protective, so long as your rulership is acknowledged by the rest of the pride, but you do require appropriate ego-massage.
Anyone who wishes to make it with Leo must never undermine the leonine dignity, or they will surely suffer the claws of the cat.
A Leo woman thinks she is beautiful and often it’s really so.

AQUARIUS
Charming, exciting and unpredictable, yet somehow strangely detached from the proceedings, you are one of the zodiac's most eccentric personalities. You definitely look for the unusual and challenging, while at the same time seeking romance, tenderness and understanding in your relationships.
Your sex-drive is not unduly strong, but your need to explore and be stimulated sometimes gives others the impression that your desires are rampant!
You are a sucker for anything that breaks new ground. You are however able to view your body's activities in quite a detached light, something that partners find difficult to understand. Admirers should be aware of your need for experimentation and, from time to time, need for solitude to recharge your batteries.

COMPATIBILITY
LEO - AQUARIUS : Aquarius brings more color to sexual individuality of Leo and making love becomes more exciting. Leo is irritated that Aquarius is inclined to analyze everything. This influences self-esteem of Leo, who starts losing his usual self-assurance about his great power of sovereign. Besides, unfaithfulness of Aquarius in bed gets on Leos' nerves. A short romance is possible, but marriage is unreal, says compatibility horoscope Leo.

AQUARIUS - LEO : It may look like a promising alliance, but the result is hard to predict. The main problem is that Leo has a huge interest in physical side of relations, while Aquarius is more concerned about emotional communication. Aquarius can’t admire Leo in sex the way he needs. Both are independent. Aquarius will try to put an end to the leadership of Leo. Arousing easily, these two signs won’t stand up to serious relation.

Recalling my experiences, I can say that most of the above are true.
The first ever Aquarian man I had been with was stubborn, enjoyed his privacy, always insisted on initiating communication and never let me call him first, was hungry for sexual pleasure and relied to good ole me for a great conversation at his idle times. He has had very serious relationships but would always turn to me if they failed, and I had the last laugh, because until now I am single and free, and he is currently living with a girl he never loved, who has recently given birth to a baby girl. Wow, a not-so-happy family.

The second man was a disaster. He insisted that what we had was a perfect intimate relationship, but we only saw each other twice a month, we talked about mundane things and he never gave me a chance to discuss more substantial things with him. He wanted pleasure but never let me experience it. He was concerned about his image, therefore always going for what's new and never-before-seen, while I was just rolling my eyes in disbelief and shock that he was valuing something more than me. When I realized that he never would, I stormed out of the relationship, saving my ego.

Now I am dealing with another Aquarian, and initially I told myself that I had the choice between getting jaded and being afraid of dealing with the same thing and making the same mistakes again and again and again, AND being confident to face yet another "lover-cum-enemy", because I now had knowledge of Aquarians, and it would be much easier to pleasure them or hit them where it hurt. Well, I chose the latter. And now it has been the best Leo-Aquarian relationship I've had. And I can say that this laid-back set up was initiated by none other than myself, because I know by now that it's useless trying to expect something serious from Aquarians. I am finally enjoying the game, and I'm probably up to par with him in terms of level of emotion, or even ahead (yay!). That is, until he either gets tired of the situation or realizes that he can never ever control me in any way.And the amazing thing about it is, I cannot even feel the competition. I have always guarded my heart and told my self that love was a game that I should win, but now that doesn't matter. It's just a scrimmage, a good one. And I know that we may never get around to actually playing the real game. Maybe that's the REAL secret to making this work.

Water can either put out or fuel fire.
Well, if he can do the latter,that means he is finally learning to live harmonously with a Leo.
But for now I am enjoying testing the same water, but with a different approach.
Oh well. If this doesn't work out, the next Aquarian better get in line.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So I got nothing better to do... got up from my lazy day and opened my laptop and browse some nonsense, to my surprise... "the scope of the Game" got me thinking, 'they are really out there' (like what u refer to aliens), crap! am i making any sense?

I really think you got it going zeena... Sometimes a change of approach is all what it takes.

Like you, i did my share on relationship's collateral damage. Everytime i try harder, the more i screw up things and end up beaten. Its terribly painful, its that pain you dont even wish for your worst enemies (fr. li'l manha'an).

The game has conquered me and left me on my knees. And finally, like you, i searched for what was causing me to lose all the time. And i got this idea, that its all about attraction and how i deal with it.

Whenever I get attracted to someone, I tend to screw up. I believe attraction is freaking selfish, it is never concerned with the feelings of others. Attraction follows the algorithm of 'hijackin' a human mind and body for its own ends.

Well, im not into Zodiac pairing like you, the last one I had was a Cancer; To be honest, i almost thought she might be the one. How wrong i was!

Because of my 'Attraction' for her, i became illogical and a sucker for emotional dramas.

Sometimes the thought of "being the one" is blinding us too much to see what the reality is. Scarcity is a myth, theres a lot of 'em out there, you just have to give it a shot and see for yourself.

After understanding the concept of attraction and the social programming, I came into realization that to understand the faults in my relationship, i should take a more scientific approach. Everytime i feel that 'spark' or 'magic' (in mushy terms) i make sure i control my urge and behavior. Whenever she steps back, I stepped back a li'l more further. I can enumarate it in full details but... im too lazy to type :) Anyway, moving on...

Thus, playing the 'game'. I started to believe that I dont need her approval; I dont need to impress her all the time. All my life I grow up and socially programmed to be a 'wuss' everytime i have a serious relationship with someone. The thing is, relationship is a two way street!

No matter what you are, female or male, if you want something to work, you should be in control. The same goes for relationships. By asserting your reality as the more dominant one, you assume control of the situation in any situation. In control but not controlling.

Dont get me wrong, being in control is different from 'controlling'. A good leader is far from being a dictator like Hitler. Being in control gives you that edge. In a 'game' thats quite important. It gives you that power, and nobody can take that power unless you let them take it from you. Life is all about choices.

Well, Im no expert on this; but, I can see you're on top of your game.

well, im always intrigued about the Zodiac sings and how they affect our relationships with other people. What you did for me is an eye opener, besides the fact that you know your Zodiac stuff, you opened my mind that there are someone like 'you' exist, someone who got her shit up and knows the idea of evolution and anti social programming concepts.

Oh, btw, Im an Aquarian :)

geez.. im sleepy.

/Aquarian-Mike