Saturday, April 01, 2006

FREE!? NOT!

Independence is such a BIG word.
When I turned 18, I looked for a way to celebrate and reinforce my independence.
I stayed out late with my friends, started smoking, tried all kinds of alcohol, and went out on real dates. And since then I have never looked back.

Going to Dubai made me learn the consequence of independence, which is responsibility. Oh God. I don't even know where to begin. Stepping into this land meant stepping out of my comfort zone. Everything I would do in Dubai would be a hundred times more difficult than if I did it in the Philippines. Let me make it easy for you . . .

APPLYING FOR A JOB
Nobody knew how prestigious UP is here.
Nobody knew how qualified I was.
Nobody was there to recommend me.
It was a matter of getting lucky to spot a vacancy, attending the interview and presenting myself well.

GOING SOMEWHERE
Fifi and I took a cab everywhere during our first few days.
But we were running out of money, so eventually, we had to take the bus.
The bus! For Dh2.50 we reach our destination, but not without a headache.
I won't elaborate on that.
Going home we also take the bus, and endure a 30-minute walk from the bus stop to our villa. Hmmm it's not so bad. It's our only form of exercise and we banter like crazy.

GETTING SHELTER
Wow. Rent here is super expensive. I just want a roof and a decent bathroom.

Ok. When I'm home from work, this is how i spend the rest of the day.
1. Prepare dinner for Fifi and me
2. Do the laundry
3. Fix our clutter
4. Have dinner
5. Have a Breezer
6. Take a loooong shower
7. Read a book
8. Try to sleep

I DON'T WANT TO FINISH THIS ENTRY. IT'S NOT MY RESPONSIBILITY.
Ang tanga!

1 comment:

E-vil said...

"It's not my responsibility." Spot on. That irritates me as hell! So I'm back. Enshala I'll see you soon!;)