Saturday, April 01, 2006

A MUCH NEEDED TRIP





HATTA GREAT WEEKEND WITH YOU!
MY SPIRIT SAYS THANKS!

Yesterday I was with a few friends, and what we had was not a mere conversation. If i tell you what we called it, it might freak you out, so let me just put it this way...

After a week of waking up early and sleeping late at night, and doing what they call "work" in between, I finally had the chance to unwind. Great dinner, good wine, and the best company.

While waiting for Fifi to finish work Sam, Ayadh and I talked about how to live a spiritual (NOT religious) life. At first I doubted that I was capable of living that way, because I had always known myself as a woman of the world, giving in to physical fleeting pleasures without second thoughts. But the moment they said this way of life could make me oblivious to physical and emotional pain, therefore not feeling TOO much for anyone and depending on anyone to complete my life, I was all ears.

Spirituality is more powerful than any other religion. The main thing about it is, it never makes you weak in whatever way because it teaches you to get energy by yourself, to nourish the soul. How to do that, I had no idea. I just continued participating in the conversation with an open mind.

By the end of the night, Ayadh and I took energy from each other and I felt 100 times better. I felt recharged and ready to face another week at work again. In the morning, I felt so much better.

Hatta was the best view I'd seen since I came to Dubai. Everywhere I looked I felt peace. Browns, greens, reds. The mountains surrounded me and gave me mroe energy, more energy to sustain my power.

And I know exactly what to use it for: my patience for fifi, dealing with men, and pretending to work.

Thanks Ayadh, Sam, and Fifi for one of the greatest weekends ever.

No comments: