Monday, April 23, 2007

years and miles

Seven years ago we were nothing but fat asses tasting college for the first time.
Everyone called you a pothead and I simply looked awkward.
We were pals and stayed pals for as long as I can remember.
I transferred to another campus and you went on with your thing.
I was surrounded by funky gay divas and you were surrounded by your hardened brothas.
We were apart, and then we got together for a cigarette, and then we were apart again.
I found girls for you, because you said so.
I listened to your story and you listened to mine.
And we were drunk.
And we were steady.
But never together.
We played with the idea but never dared jump in.
Now after seven years, you’re still drunk, and I'm still a bit chubby.
Now I'm miles away and you’re telling me we can stay together.
You’re crazy.
I am too.
I believe you Curgs.

No comments: