Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Sick

Last night I felt really sick.
I went home at 11 feeling like an old hag.
Today I’m feeling worse.
And I can just imagine what I’ll look like tomorrow.

I am scheduled to have my varicose veins treated tonight.
Yes, I’ve got varicose veins.
I’ve had them since time immemorial and it would be best to banish them before Sherry’s beach thing on Saturday.

I’ve had enough this March and I swear I’m going to take it slow in April.
I’d like to have more “me” time, with lots of journal-writing and window shopping alone and blogging and reading and taking long walks and sleeeeping.
Yes that’s definitely on my list. Sleeping.

I also plan to steer clear of … tadadada . . . dating.
It’s a big joke, I know but I’d really like to be a little less out and about.
Not like I slag around.
It’s just that in a city like Dubai, no matter how many high rises tower over me and bright lights they put up, I’m always going to be lonely. Well, a little less happy than when I was in Manila.
And dating is really tempting because nice dinners always make me feel like a special woman, and great conversations with a nice man are what I live for… but then again I have to take a break and make sure to get rid of the skeletons in my closet.
I am crossing my fingers that it is not a big joke.
I really want to be alone.
I was alone when Guillaume swept me off my feet.
He made me happier for two and a half months but the break-up he initiated was the worst ever. The most traumatic, terrible, unethical, one-sided break-up ever.

With that always in mind… yes I think I do want to be alone.

No comments: