Saturday, April 28, 2007

keep on cooking

Cooking.
One of my new-found loves.
I NEVER cooked in Manila.
I never got around to doing it.
I always had Ate Joan to cook my meals for me.
And there was always good ole Maggi instant noodles.
One year and two months here in Dubai.
What have I got to show for?
My culinary expertise...as a novice in the kitchen.

If I remember correctly these are all the meals/ desserts I made in Dubai:

> Chicken adobo
> Salpicao (thanks Macy!)
> Kids' spaghetti
> Spaghetti - fresh tomatoes
> Rice (hehe)
> Sheesh Tawok (oven)
> Chicken Biryani (oven)
> Poached pears and whipped cream
> Caramelized banana ang raspberry and vanilla ice cream
> Fruit salad - yes that counts
> Fried Chicken
> Continental Breakfast - eggs, potatoes, hotdogs, etc.

Sheesh. Most of these are really easy but what the hell I was a real idiot in the kitchen when I went here and now I can cook and I will continue cooking and watching Jamie Oliver's shows and Nigella Bites and all those BBC Food programs until I master the art of chucking things in a pot and magically turning them into a delectibile sonuvagun.

No comments: