Sunday, April 29, 2007

REUNIONS

Curgs went to Batangas for a family reunion last weekend. I felt envious because it’s been ages since I attended a proper family reunion. Actually it’s been ages since I’ve had a proper family, but who needs a father these days anyway, when you and your mom and sister can have fun and live happily. Back to reunions. It would be interesting to see familiar faces, catch up on things and say polite words while going on a Filipino dish binge.

Any kind of reunion is always pleasant and brings me a feeling of fulfillment. Once again I am seeing the people I met in the past and I see that we all have changed significantly, and I think about the things I went through from the time I met them until the reunion. Gives me a sense of maturity. Thinking about it, the people at reunions are just tools for me to look at the past and see where I’ve come from and how far I’ve gone.

And so at my next reunion, with whoever, wherever, I’ll probably feel like a champion. I’ve triumphed over everything that came my way and it’s good find myself still standing after bad break-ups, the worst job in the world, the end of friendship and racism.

No comments: