Tuesday, November 03, 2009

My Favorite Things

Everyone has their own list of favorite things.
Things that make us tingle inside and glow on the outside.
They are tangible, and therefore cannot be dismissed as unreal or disproved.
They give us an irreversible sense of comfort that is hard to dispel when we're in the moment of appreciating them.
They are the things that we either bought, received from someone special, or found.
Some meaningful, some simply too cute to ignore.
Nevertheless, they are the ones that cheer us up and make us feel good.
What are your favorite things?
Here are mine:

1. My journal. I will never divulge my secrets on the internet for everyone to feast on, but when it comes to writing in my journal, I disclose every single detail of my life. And that is why I love it. It doesn't argue with me; it just listens. Swallows every painful or happy thought streaming from my mind down to the pencil, onto the paper. I've kept a journal since I was eleven. Sixteen years on, I am still as enthusiastic to jot down my life bit by bit as I was when I was in fifth grade.

2. My Our Daily Bread book. My mom gave it to me last year before I left for Dubai. Every day I read it to gain wisdom and inspiration so that I may live each life to the fullest. Equipped with the little blue book, I challenge life to challenge me. It's always helped me in making big decisions. And when I cannot make a decision, The One Up There makes ways to decide for me.

3. My iPod Mini. It's 750 songs that date back to 2004. 750 songs reminding me of different times in my life, especially when I was writing scripts for a TV show back home. It's got everything: Spice Girls, Placebo, Live, Fuel, Garbage, No Doubt, Ciudad, E-heads, Cynthia Alexander. It's got everything I need to get my through a long drive down Emirates Road.

4. My fan. I love fanning my face! It reminds me of Maria Clara and Sunday masses. I feel like a lady and I feel heavily guarded -- ironically, with such a feminine weapon. I would like to be as soft spoken and flawless as the traditional Filipina, but I can only fan my face.

5. A mixed CD. When I was in college one of my good friends said he was in love with me, and gave me a CD of songs that he liked, and maybe helped him tell how he felt towards me. A relationship between us never materialized, but I kept the CD and I've always listened to it. Beth Orton's Central Reservation (acoustic version) is one of the best tracks for me.

6. My phone. I need not say more, but I will. With it I can get in touch with the people I love, wherever they are in the world. Plus it makes me look busy when I am alone. If it weren't for it, I would probably be bored and homesick and drop dead eventually.

7. My milk salt spa. Scrubbing is very very therapeutic, especially when the grains smell great! My friends recommended a certain brand of scrub and I've been using it twice a week. I believe it improves blood circulation and makes my skin smoother, plus it makes me feel really good inside and out, knowing that I am taking care of myself and people are noticing.

4 comments:

pltn said...

It's seems i'm the only one who comment your blog :)
So, you make me think about my favorite things.
1. My phoooooooone. My cute-lovely phone :) Yeah i'm geek. I don't need phone to stay in touch (becausу i have a few people i want to stay in touch with), but it's my journal, sometimes my "ipod", my alarm-clock, my little computer. Life without phone is hard. (Life with phone is harder :)).
2. My computer. I cant imagine a day without it.
3. Bag. I dont like to place something in on-clothes pockets, so i like bags. Shoulderbags or backpack.
4. My bed. I like to sleep in my bed :). This is the only place where i get enough sleep.

And i dreaming of sandwich maker. I think my life will be like in paradise with this device. :)

Zeena said...

MY favorite thing among your favorite things is the bed! Me too I really need to sleep and I looove soft fluffy pillows.

Dont dream of owning a sandwich maker. Get one now! Whatever makes you happy :)

aimee rabago said...

I have no favorite thing. I am unattached to material posessions. I am like Luke Skywalker without the lightsaver. hehehe.

Damn I can't think of any favorite thing I have!

What's my favorite thing? nuninuninu

Oh yes yes I know! My Cinema Secrets Concealer! Ahahaha

Zeena said...

okay. your concealer. that is definitely not a material possession. it is a symbol of your insecurity and a desire to obssessively hide the side of you that you don't want others to see. bitch.