Sunday, November 08, 2009

Barrio Fiesta Opens in Dubai

Barrio Fiesta, one of the Philippines' most popular Filipino restaurants, is opening in Dubai on Tuesday evening! Yesterday they served the Filipino press a sumptuous three-course meal that has ruined my diet but lifted my spirits. I felt at home with all that bagoong!

This is me and Ate Aysha. I just finished dinner when she and Khadijah arrived, so I kind of forced a smile despite the bloated feeling.





Ok. The food was amazing. The plates and the whole presentation will be changed on the opening night. Last night was just a trial thing. So in this picture, there's laing, tahong, sugpo, kare kare and sago gulaman. I had a little bit of some of them and too much of the Bacolod garlic rice, as well as the bagoong rice.







The press were invited and they all looked pleased with the food. I'm sure that on Tuesday, with the dazzling performance of a Filipino singing group, the traditional costumes of the servers, and the fiesta-inspired decorations in the restaurant, my peeps will love it!
I hope foreigners will try it out. It's a welcome change from the usual Pinoy restaurants every one is used to seeing on the streets of Karama and Deira.

































1 comment:

aimee rabago said...

You look very pretty here Zeena... now if you just found the best guy for you, it would be perfect. Love the dress!