Thursday, November 05, 2009

2009

Chiara's email couldn't be more true.
2009 is a crazy year for all of us.

She's broken up with Randy after almost a decade.
Terri is getting married.
Cookie's house was almost destroyed by the flood.
Kath welcomed Carlo into her life and also suffered from the flood.
Wyson became a doctor.
Nikko became a lawyer.
Charm has quit her job to prepare for her migration to Canada.
Fifi started dating a guy other than her first boyfriend, but returned to the bastard anyway.
And me? One awesome holiday and one failed relationship.

It's amazing how each of us has a major story to tell this year.
It's usually this and that, blah blah, shits and giggles.
Maybe our lives have become too boring and needed to be shaken up.
This year definitely required more energy and thinking and support from the people we trust and love than I imagined.

My mom said that the Chinese believe that 2009 was going to be bad, because 9 is a very unlucky number.
I personally don't believe that.
It wasn't as if I lost my job (knock on wood) or a loved one (knock again).
I am healthy. I have my whole body intact and my whole life ahead of me.
And there is no lucky or unlucky.
There is only happiness, and it is our only choice.
Happiness or death.

At Terri's wedding, our speeches will be more meaningful.
The toast we will propose will be heartfelt.
And the laughter will be genuine.
2009 is crazy, but so are we.

3 comments:

aimee rabago said...

I like this blog of yours zeena. Especially the last part about Terri's wedding!

Gosh it's been years since I've visited your blog. It looks so much different from what I remember it to be. It's like going back to an old place.

These are your High School friends right?

That's really great!

oh and by the way, i think relationships don't fail.... relationships are strong and never wither. If the connection failed, then maybe there wasn't a relationship to begin with, diba?!

Zeena said...

That's true Aims... maybe there wasn't one talaga. But I am thankful for the experience. It was one helluva ride.

Yes Aims they're my dear HS friends... Love 'em! And gues what they're not fat like you.

So you better shape up or die.

aimee rabago said...

hahaha@zeena... yeah yeah im going to the gym already and trying to lose some weight. I;m still cute though...ahahahah