Tuesday, November 24, 2009

How I Met Your Mother


This comedy series is basically a very long story told by a father to his kids about how he met their mother. It's the fourth season and still we don't know how. The main character, Ted (who is the dad in the future), was engaged and heartbroken and single and attached so many times that the excitement leading to how he really met his future wife is escalating. And I am itching to find out.

I never really found out how my father met my mother. We never had that chat. I don't think I want to know. It's just a fleeting moment that led to my birth and now that I'm all grown up to backtrack, I won't. I just feel that something that ended tragically and was buried six feet underground some fourteen years ago does not deserve another glimpse.

But here's the good news. Someday I will become a mother and I hope that my story will be so fondly remembered by my children, their children and the children of their children. I want it to be a well-told, unbelievably kickass love story that it will become a legacy and possibly become a smashing hit comedy series. And I get to star in it.

1 comment:

aimee rabago said...

I just love HOw I Met Your Mother! Loveeet!