Thursday, June 15, 2006

tacky songs

This evening I was having wine with my friends while listening to the CD that our friend Wyson sent us. It's got our favorite songs that we could dance to and sing along with. And suddenly this particular song played and a million memories came back to my mind. My first relationship's theme song. I did not know whether to throw up or melt. You know how certain songs make us nostalgic and not do anything but just sit (with a glass of wine of course) and think about how good the old days were, but you'd rather keep in sitting idly wiht your wine than relive them?

"I bought a ticket to the world
And now I've come back again
Why do I find it hard to write the next line?
Oh I want the truth to be said."

Yeah guess what that song is. Tacky, old and overused, but at that time we loved it, and we loved singing it over and over again. And now it's just something that reminds me of the past, not good or bad, but just reminiscent of so many moments. Fights in restaurants, trips out of town, nervous breakdowns, trouble with the police, planning for our future that turned out to be non-existent. God. How could a three-minute song bring back a million memories?

It makes me "remember the boy, but I don't remember the feeling anymore".
(That's a line from another tacky song that I sing whenever I get my heart broken.)

No comments: