Wednesday, July 06, 2005

i am irving feffer

Danny: Does he make you laugh?
Tess: He doesn't make me cry.
-Ocean's Eleven

Is it enough that your significant other doesn't disagree with you, harm you in any way, or get in the way with what you do? That's a pity. He just lets you be. When you part ways, you realize that he hasn't taught you anything; he just let you be.
Yes, it's true, everyone is an island. But we're islands linked with chains (About A Boy). We're supposed to affect each other's lives.
Unless you've cried, laughed, fought and felt with him, you've never been with him.

Barry Egan: You are so beautiful. I love you so much I want to smash your face in with a sledgehammer.
Lena Leonard: I love you so much I want to scoop your eyeballs out of their sockets and chew and suck on them. [Pause]
Barry Egan: This is funny. This is nice.
-Punch Drunk Love

How strange is love? Sometimes it's the one you love you want to kill, because you feel so much for him that you don't know how to handle your emotions anymore. You want to hurt him, to see if this is real and not a fleeting escape. You want to ruin things to get ahead of the actual goodbye.
Or sometimes you just want to see how you too hurt together.
That's just sweet.

Mauricio: You Had Me At "Get Lost".
-Shallow Hal

The more someone treats you like shit the more you gravitate towards him. Of course that's not a good thing, but it's challenging.
I like to be mistreated once in a while. I find it funny. If I were perfect I'd probably die of boredom.
Not all the time though.

Troy: See Lainy, this is all we need. A couple of smokes, a cup of coffee, and a little bit of conversation. You and me and five bucks.
Lelaina: You got it!
-Reality Bites
Ah, the cheap thrills I miss the most. All I need to have fun are good company and a thousand jokes. Don't you feel like sneaking out of a glamorous cocktail party so you can have a beer or two with your best friends at the cheapest beer joint in town?
Cheap beer is good when shared with priceless friends.

Amelia:We're young, we deserve to be young. We deserve to be young together.
-Riding in Cars with Boys
I will keep this in mind until the day I lose my teeth. I don't ever want to feel too old for anything. Not to mention doing anything alone.
Toothless and alone. Nah, I'm not going to be that old lady.
I'm going to have nice dentures and even nicer friends.

Bridget: It is a truth universally acknowledged that when one part of your life starts going okay, another falls spectacularly to pieces.
-Bridget Jones's Diary
Which part of my life is going okay anyway?
And which is falling to pieces?
Do I have time to check?
I'm too busy trying not to fall to pieces at work.

Irving Feffer: It's not about what happened in the past, or what you think might happen in the future. It's about the ride, for Christ's sake. There is no point in going through all this crap, if your are not going to enjoy the ride. And you know what... when you least expect something great might come along. Something better then you even planned for.
-Along Came Polly
I am Irving Feffer. There.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

No comments: