Tuesday, July 05, 2005

BEDTIME THOUGHTS

FROM THE ALCHEMIST, PAULO COEHLO

It's really the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting.
What is my ultimate dream? Haven't figured it out yet. It's hard to determine my one great dream when I have so many. Maybe the awareness that such a thing exists, the desire to determine my ultimate dream, is enough for now. I don't want to live everyday thinking about it, because I have other things to do --- like going for that dream without me knowing it.

When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you achieve it.
I used to want so many things at once that I did not have enough energy to pray for all of them. Now I just want one at a time, and if I do get it, I'm the happiest girl in the world at that moment. If I don't, I move on to the next thing on my list.
Right now I just really really want to sing my songs and relax. Will "all the universe conspire" to give me some free time?

...he realized he had to choose between thinking of himself as a poor victim of a thief and as an adventurer in quest of his treasure. "I am an adventurer, looking for treasure," he said to himself.
I will never ever see myself as a victim. I am a beautiful person. Reject me, stall me, escape me and I will wait patiently... not for you, but for another opportunity. I think of every quest as a race against myself. I fall down, trip, even get bruised, but I never give up until I reach the finish line. Sometimes I just walk while others run past me. Well, I have my own pace. I'll get there -- not to win the race, but to finish what I've started. That's how we Leos are: we just go ahead and tread the track, whether we win or not.

All things are one.
All things are one-derful. Amen. Except for condescending bastards.

When someone makes a decision, he is really diving into a strong current that will carry him to places he had never dreamed of when he first made the decision.
What decision have I made lately? The decision to indulge in something that might hurt me in the future. It's all good. I don't care for the consequences. I just want to see how far this decision will take me. So far...there's no looking back, I've gone a long long way.

...intuition is really a sudden immersion of the soul into the universal current of life, where the histories of all people are connected and we are able to know everything, because it's all written there.
I choose to do this because I feel like it. It may not be right, it may even be the stupidest thing in the world, but I always follow my instinct.
Maybe it's been a long time since my life had a conflict. Just when things fall into place, I suddenly hunger for some pain and sacrifice.

People need not fear the unknown if they are capable of achieving what they need and want.
I don't even know what I need and want. But I don't fear the unknown. I like it when events unfold before me, and when I look back, I cannot believe how far I have come. Fearing the unknown never gets me anywhere. And I am always on my feet. Always.

We are afraid of losing what we have, whether it's our life or our possessions and property. But this fear evaporates when we understand that our life stories and the history of the world were written by the same hand.
It's the dumbest thing about me: I don't fear losing what I have, because I always think that there is always something better that can replace it. What I really fear is, losing something I do not have yet. I am afraid that my sleepless nights and endless stream of thoughts will go to waste. Oh well. I can always move on to much better things, but if I still lose them before I actually have them, then the my life story is shit, and I am a pariah in the history of the world.
Nah, there must be something good written there about me.

If you can concentrate always on the present, you'll be a happy man... life will be a party for you, a grand festival, because life is the moment we're living right now.
That's me. The happy woman. I'm all for living in the present, because I always find myself wanting to alter my predictable future.
Life is a party. Every person I meet is a guest. He or she may choose to leave or stay, and my party will never end.
Cheers!

No comments: