Sunday, October 21, 2007

Today I interviewed one of the most powerful men in this place.
It felt good to exchange a few words with him.
I'd like to think I didn't fight for that interview, but that was not the case.
His haughty publicist told me to wait, and I was almost sure it was a smirk that formed around her mouth and not wrinkles. Both are equally bad anyway.
I waited for a few minutes and decided to approach another lady, a very nice one.
She made me wait a couple of minutes, and led me to the conference room where I joined a handful of journalists in a mini press conference.
It was another milestone for me, thanks to the nice lady.
She didn't know how important that interview was to me.
That soundbyte made my story a good one. Though I believe it could have been improved if only I had a one-to-one interview with the VIP, which will never happen, it was all right.
I asked a few good questions. I had very few facts in mind, but I knew what I wanted from him, and I was determined to get it.
As for that lady with I'M PRETENDING TO BE BOSS written all over her face, hope you age faster than I can say "good PR".

No comments: