Thursday, October 11, 2007

ON ESCAPING

My obsession with going away on a holiday definitely has something to do with the fact that I have never been anywhere else. Yes, I was born in Manila, have seen a few places in Luzon, went to Visayas once, and moved to Dubai to choose and stick to a career. I went to Oman for the birthday and flew to Iran for a visa change, but that's about it. I feel like the world is getting smaller and smaller, yet I can't even see another part of it.

First of all, my funds are very limited. I have responsibilities and need to feel secure by having just enough in my bank account. I can't think like a backpacker. I'm not one. I have to make sure that by the time I'm back to work, I will be able to have enough to eat and pay my rent. Let's face it. At the end of the day there's really no one who could support me financially but myself, like any other boring individual. Sometimes I wish my father made a million dollars so I wouldn't have to go to work, or I were a moron who couldn't care less about medical insurance or bills or a decent career.

Every holiday is hard to plan, and every move is calculated. Everything is indefinite, because even before I picture myself in a postcard, the preparations are already stressing me out. But it is finally almost here, and I can't wait. Hopefully, my first real vacation will be an exciting one and worth the eternal wait.

No comments: