Friday, October 19, 2007

This Friday is mine.

I like how I spent my Friday.
Minimal contact with other people.
Peaceful, quiet.
In bed all day, under no pressure to go somewhere.
I kept myself entertained by watching Louis Theroux stuff on YouTube.
I was able to catch up with Mama and old friends.
After an intense night of binge drinking and letting myself go, I think I deserved this time alone. And I am thankful that I can afford to make one whole day free to reconnect with myself.
I had a busy week, staying out late and working more hours than usual.

Plus I totally emptied my wallet last night.
I had too much fun and a little buzzed and at that point, I justified my being a big spender by thinking life is all about having fun. If money could buy fun for a night, hell I'd pay as much as it takes to keep me entertained.
And this morning when I woke up desperately looking for any kind of painkiller, I realized if I kept the kind of attitude I had last night, I might as well be getting male hookers off the streets.

So today was a much needed break for me just to recondition my mind and let my hyped up senses simmer, and just chill.
Oddly enough, just by staying in bed with the sheets all wrinkled,stinky breath and all, a lot of things suddenly popped in my head and clarified themselves without me putting any effort into it.
I was staring at the ceiling and suddenly I thought about how broke I was going to be if I kept on heeding my material desires, which are not many really. Then again my funds are too limited for me to even have the right to crave anything fancier than a pen, so I can call myself a journalist.

And the thing about these well-deserved rest days is, I don't feel guilty at all, For being a slob. For holding my pee because I'm too lazy to go to the toilet. For just surfing the net endlessly. For admiring George Clooney so much it brought tears to my eyes. For being such a nut. A stinky one.

Tomorrow is going to be a bit different. I have to go to the bank and shop for food and things like that. Darn. But I am definitely going to make sure that this day will be remembered, and repeated in the very near future.

God I sooo understand why introverts think they're not losers at all. Theirs is such a cool world. I can just imagine how ecstatic hermits must be.

I am an extrovert, I need people around me, but I've also been a tired piece of junk and I need to repair myself. I know I will not like this for a lifestyle, but a whole day of idleness surely was the most productive I've had in a long time.

No comments: