Monday, October 22, 2007

I watched a few segments of Fox New on YouTube and I could not believe how biased that TV station is. I would think kissing George Bush's ass is part of their duties and responsibilities. They invite people like radio talk show host Stephanie Miller, a devout democrat, and two republican pricks and ignite an argument about whether American soldiers should have been sent to Iraq in the first place, and whether the war was valid at all. I don't give a hoot about issues in the States, but I would just like to express my alam at those people who have the audacity to show their faces on camera and have no problems with telling America -- and the rest of the world effectively -- that Muslims are terrorists and they are out to get Americans. Although my experience in Dubai has not been the best, I respect the laws of this country and see the advantages of being in a place where religion and government are one. The leaders are not corrupt and the place is ever-progressing. There is enough religious tolerance to accommodate hundreds of nationalities, and there are so many opportunities brought about by the growing economy. I know that some Muslims have tainted the name of Islam to pet their own egos, but not all Muslims blast buildings and cut off heads. Most Muslims I know are compassionate and eager to learn about others' beliefs and customs. It is not fair for some money-making news channel that considers itself objective and hard-hitting (when it's really a bunch of crap) to lambaste a religion. They haven't sat down with people from the Middle East and have not bothered to see the beauty in the people they call terrorists. I can see why people hate America. Good thing only a handful of them are demented, or else that country would have been blown to shreds.

1 comment:

Jelgueco said...

last thursday, johnny asked me where i wanna go, i told him i dont care, wherever.. you know what he said? he asked me where my friends are.. i told him 'zins is in hibiki and i dont know who shes with.." so i was planning to go but if he doesnt want to, its fine, u know what he told me? "come, lets go meet zeena." sigh.
im just happy u get along kahit asaran kayo hehe pero tara date ulit tayo ha without jowa :) love u zeens