Friday, August 31, 2007

This is where I wrote my very first blog entry in Dubai. When I walked into this place again after more than a year, the memories were so clear that thinking about them gave me a headache. This is where I met my first friend in a city which I later on learned was as hostile as it was welcoming.

The pressures at work and at home made me think of hibernating here. I will always come back to this place and see my friend whenever I can. Unfortunately, it will soon be occupied by its new owner, and all the things precious and real will gradually fade as new memories are made here, memories that do not mean anything to me.

I feel that it is unfair to just run away and hide from everything. Eventually I will have to face my present problems. But for now, I want to cherish everything about this place, to feel how I felt when I first arrived here, to have the consolation I can't find anywhere else.

I am annoyed at myself for being like this. But seemingly happy people like me need this time to be alone and think. I hope to get out of this slump as soon as possible, but if I don't, I will forgive myself.

SO help me God.

No comments: