Tuesday, August 28, 2007

If there is one thing I need to learn more, it would be crisis management.
Things happen at once and my world stops faster than you can say "wimp".

We are being asked to move out because according to the landlord we are not a family. Never mind the fact that we are the only Filipinos in the building.
And then a couple of giant zits appear on my fat cheeks out of nowhere, just when I desperately need clear skin for work.
And finally, the icing on the cake, my precious phone is showing signs of disdain towards me and deliberately hangs when I'm about to reply to a potential date.

What a fun life.

Ethel reminded me how much of a worry wart I was and I absolutely agreed with her. I know that I will spend the rest of my life fighting fear, that is inevitable, but I should really take one step forward and at least face the music rather than watch a bunch of DVDs to kill time. Or buy some. Or stop it altogether.

I feel that I am the most unfortunate girl in town, and I know I shouldn't, but a few hassles in life happening during my time of the month are too much. Under normal circumstances I would just get a fucking haircut, ugly or otherwise just to have some distraction. Or I would buy myself a nice dress. But part of the problem is, I am broke. I am stingy and I am broke, so that leaves me with... uh let me guess.... zero balance.

I am finally getting a bank account, finally finally finally. I hope to high heavens that it will not be empty soon, and that I will slowly get out of this financial, emotional, mental, celestial and olfactory slump I am in.

Let me smile again, get the stink out of my life again, be a normal person again without anything to worry about. Of course that is not possible in this lifetime, which brings me back to my need of crisis management skills.

I haven't really resolved anything by writing it out, have I?

Well I hope you read this and realized how lucky you are.

Ciao.

No comments: