Sunday, August 19, 2007

Interesting weekend.

In two days I lost my phone and I realized I misplaced my passport.

I am tired.

When one's birthday rolls around, situations create themselves to test the celebrant.

In my case, fate is probably fed up with me and telling me to grow up and be less of a ditz.

Or maybe I am just thinking that it's hard to lose things, the things that are supposed to make up my identity. Passport, phone. I'm thinking I can't function without them.

The truth is though, these are the times that test my real identity. Me stripped of the means to communicate with everyone else and proof of the validity of my existence in a foreign place. How I deal with these petty losses will help me make up my opinion of myself, rather than rely on material things that dictate who I am. I am more than a green booklet and a mobile phone. I am a person who is capable of reacting to tough situations with sound solutions. I can handle this.

Just don't let me lose this computer.

No comments: