Saturday, August 25, 2007

25

I had such a fun time today.
My friends came over for lunch.
Obet cooked.
Then we all went to Hibiki to sing.
And I sang the songs I wanted to sing, not the ones I thought people would appreciate.
Because whether I admit it not, I'd be lying if I said I'd been singing what I wanted for the past couple of months at the karaoke bar.
I guess I wanted to sound good, and with that attitude the fun would stop.
So I decided to raise hell with a song called What's Up by 4Non Blondes.
Didn't care if I sounded like an old hag trying to do country.
Oh well I am an old hag. At least I feel like one.

I am 25. Pretty young if you ask me.
It's just that there are a few things that pushed me to be scared of growing old.
Aging. Aging is the word.
I would hate to see the day when my breasts aim for the floor and my wrinkles are tree branches embossed on my face.
I would hate to see my libido go, my zealous take on life take a backseat, and my love for single life turn into a big desperate call for help in the love department.

There. Now I can sleep peacefully. Good night.

No comments: