Thursday, August 16, 2007

My Wish List

It took the help of three high school classmates for me to make an email account. I only found out the benefits of the internet when I was in college. I'm the kind of person who doesn't back up, renew anti-virus programs or know how to send a file via blue tooth. I still have a journal, apart from this blog that I painstakingly created two years ago in Manila. Even the word techie seems new to me, even though I've been hearing people use it all the time for years. I want to gradually make my way into the 21st century and kill my ignorance. And what better way to do that than have wish list made up of techie stuff? You might think that the following gadgets are ancient, but they are new to me and I find it absurd to purchase them myself. Save me from this quicksand of technology cluelessness and graciously consider buying them for me.

Please.

1. A flash drive. Preferrably 2 GB. I don't even know if that's what you call it, but I need it as soon as possible. It's enough to store all my files in my laptop, which I I have a feeling will give up any given minute.

2. A better wifi detector. Or is it adaptor? Find out. You see, my laptop is tired and old, and I'm the only person in the flat with crappy internet connection. As I write this, this ugly thing is blinking rapidly, desperately searching for connection. So figure out what this thing is called and give it to me on my birthday.

3. A memory stick for my phone. I believe it can take as much as 1 GB and sooner or later I will have to use it, with all the pictures and songs I plan to store in my mobile phone.

4. A digital camera. I want a digital camera. Needless to say, I am a picture monster and I need to document every single drunken minute of my karaoke life. Plus it will be useful for work.

5. My battery-operated friend Totoy. I left him at the airport for fear that it might get confiscated. I left it with Kath, and I hope she will take good care of it. It's my very own version of the Tamagochi. It kept me company, but never hurt me. It didn't bite, didn't require any form of care, and was ever-dependable. I am not crazy enough to ask anyone to give me a new friend, because Totoy will always be Totoy. But if they give me a new one I already have a name for him: Bruno.

2 comments:

JS said...

uy, zins! sorry ang sungit ko kagabi... PMS syndromes... btw, ngayon ko lang ulit nabisita ang blog mo. kakatuwa yun posts! nweys, no worries, makakarating sa mga kinauukulan ang wish list mo (:

Raph Matawaran said...

Hello Bruno!

I'm thinking of the name "JINGGOY".

Too "macho
" don't you think?