Monday, June 18, 2007

random day off, random thoughts

I took a random day off today.
Well, not too random.
I am sick. I have a bad cold and it will get worse later.
And unlike all the other weekdays of my life, I don't plan to be productive today.
No way.
Let's see.... so far I've made an egg sandwich, looked at some family pictures on the internet, and convinced myself that I shouldn't feel guilty for not giving my father money. I reminded myself that I didn't have any as well.
And then I got to day dreaming.
I love day dreaming. Not about things like dishes rinsing themselves, or JLo lending me her body for a couple of until I could fix my own.
Things like Mama, Zoe and me traveling together. To anywhere.
Eating ice cream on a hot summer day somewhere in Asia.
Dunno. My what used to be brilliant imagination diminished into a speck of dirt on the face of Dubai. I don't know. There's something about this place that makes me feel I'm not good enough, until some kind soul tells me otherwise.
Thank God there are kind souls here. Maybe to replace bas friends in the past.

No comments: