Friday, June 29, 2007

not guilty

Very very tiring weekend. June is killing me. Good thing it's ending on the weekend, then I can face July with vigor and ... um, freshness.

I am going to miss this house and I can't stress that enough. Last night my friends were here for Eve's shower party. There were naughty games, and a cute male stripper. I tried to be as quiet as possible, closed the window curtains and turned off the lights and kept everyone under control. I thought Colin's friend Mal was asleep, so I thought closing the door to the hall upstairs was enough to give him peace and quiet. But no, it turned out he was out and was just coming home when we were at the peak of partying, and he just had to walk in on me dancing with the stripper. Why was it me, at that particular minute? I didn't want him to think I was tarting around because I really wasn't, that's just what girls do at bridal showers, and this was my FIRST time to attend one. Anyway it was kind of him to congratulate Eve and go straight to bed.

I woke up this morning at 10 and went straight to watch episodes of The Office. Coincidentally there was an episode with a bridal shower and a stag party, and I guess it doesn't help that Mal walked in on me watching a female stripper dance for Steve Carell. The worse thing was, I acted guilty even when I wasn't. But he is a nice guy, like all of Colin's friends and I'm sure he won't take it against me. Hey, I showed him where the detergent was and I gave him advice on throwing out the garbage.

Oh hell. Can June just end.

No comments: