Sunday, January 01, 2006

dreams vs teeth

I will turn 24 this year and no, I will not end 2006 without a major change in my life. I am an occasional risk taker, but the risks I took in the past did not do me any good, except teach me a few lessons, which I could have easily learned without the drama.

And when I say major change, I am not talking about sporting an outlandish hairstyle or promising not to cuss starting today.
I realized that I have big dreams, larger than life. Larger than my teeth, even. But I have kept them in the periphery of my immediate goals, which consist of changing my facial wash, losing three pounds and uploading new songs on my ipod mini.

Well, this year I am going to dig into my head and retrieve my slumbering dreams, and make them come true. Of course realizing dreams takes a while. I may not be finished just getting started with them this year, but I will start them. Oh yeah I will. They will be my mantra, the air I breathe, the first thing on my mind when I wake up, and the last thing on my mind when I go to sleep.

And this time I will not be afraid of changes that can turn my emotions upside down, break my routine and make me leave behind some things from the past that I still treasure.
I want to end 2006 without regrets. I'll win some, I'll lose some, I'll get some with Handsome... hehe.

Seriously, it's about time for a change! A change so big it can eat me alive!
And I am publishing this to motivate me.
Because if that change doesn't happen, you can comment on this entry.
Write something like, "I knew it. Nothing could be bigger than your teeth."

No comments: