Friday, January 06, 2006

eat this

ever felt empty?
sure.
there's nothing wrong with your life,
but there's nothing good about it either.
what's up with that?

i wake up after lunch and go to work.
i go to work and finish my scripts.
i finish my scripts and have coffee with a friend.
i have coffee with a friend until midnight.
at midnight i go home and watch tv.
i watch tv and feel sleepy.
i feel sleepy and (guess what) sleep.

why can't i wake up and find out i've won the lottery?
why can't i step out of the shower and see a big gift
from an anonymous person?
why can't i sing my songs and discover that someone
is singing along?
why can't i step on the weighing scale
and see that i've lost a few pounds?

oh i get it. i've eaten too much today.
mostly chocolates and tons of carbs.
sugar rush.
plateaued.
now i can't even breathe to spell "self-image".

never noticed, never crowned
wake me when i'm 90 pounds
cut me some slack
and let me eat the lard off your ass
it's ok, it's all right
i will sleep peacefully tonight
it's cute but it's not right
keep my body out of my sight

1 comment:

Jelgueco said...

sige dnt wori, tara sleep na lang tayo! lets dream together and wake up nalang when everything's fine na, hehe!