Wednesday, December 28, 2005

happy new year!

relaxing week.
i received a phone call from a good friend,
my friend fifi and i will spend the night in a hotel,
get a facial in a nice derma clinic,
and i am losing a few pounds.
just as i had planned.

and what i haven't planned yet
are pleasant surprises for me,
i can feel it.

i didn't feel this way at the start of the holiday season.
i was afraid to go through it because i saw no reason
to celebrate, have a week off from work, and not have anthing to do.
it was 3:30 in the morning, and i did everything to sleep.
i even told my self that if i continued being awake at such an ungodly hour,
i would end up like emily rose.
but nothing put me to sleep.
until i saw my bedside table.
it didn't look like a bedside table.
it was a heap of junk.
cords, mugs, bottles of perfumes, scripts,
unfinished snacks, one-month old cigarettes,
unused sanitary napkins displaced from their wrappers,
christmas gifts, makeup, pouches, and clean panties.
i was trying to find my pen so i could write in my journal,
but i would never find it unless i cleaned the mess.
so i got up, sorted my stuff on the bedside table,
and felt sooo satisfied that i turned to my closet
and did the same thing.

now my bedside table has a mug from my friend ria that holds
markers and pens, a picture of me, kath and lis that kath gave me for christmas,
a clay guitar the size of my thumb given by my aunt who's now in new york,
my journal, and the book i'm currently reading.

the book i'm reading is Break Up Diaries, lent by Lenni.
She said to read it immediately. That was in July.
now i'm actually enjoying the book.

and of course my bedside table is where my ipod mini rests,
when i'm not listening to aegis' BAKIT?
i love that song. listen to it.

it's hard not to love anything right now.
too happy to see the imperfections of the world.
i better keep my bedside table clean and free of junk.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments: