Friday, August 24, 2012

My 30th Birthday

... was simple, fun, and meaningful.

First of all, I had three days off because of the Eid holidays, and I had a great time watching TV, watering Burnie (our plant), Skyping with Mama and Zoe and going to the gym with Fifi.

I also fried eggs - my first perfect ones.

Celebration-wise, there was none. But I did have dinner with Fifi on the eve of my birthday. Her gift was the laptop case I was eyeing at Bloomingdale's last month. I had never known Fifi to spend like a baws, so that was a big pleasant surprise! Thank, Layds!

On my birthday, I picked Liam up from work and we went to Meydan, where we had drinks at the Millenium Lounge and Shiba Bar, and had the best steak in the whole universe at Prime Steakhouse. It blew our minds.

We went home to watch more TV. I didn't have to wake up early the next day, and that was a big bonus.

I totally downplayed my turning 30. That's the way all seemingly scary things should be faced, I guess.

I don't really know if I as scared to turn 30 in the first place, but I guess that's what we read and see and hear.

One big shrug.

No comments: