Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Crispy Pork Belly and Mashed Apples and Potatoes

 Dripping with fat, oozing with flavor.
 Mashed apples and potatoes
 Heto na siya. Winner!
I got Fifi to eat pork! Dun na lang eh. Sukatan na eh.

I'm so happy! I tried to make crispy pork belly, and it was a complete success! My two favorite people in the whole universe, Liam and Fifi, also attested to my uncanny ability to turn a slab of pork into a delectable Anglo-Sino culinary masterpiece.

Homely, savory, flavorful and just aesthetically awesome.

The truth is, many Pinoys know how to cook this. But since my first time was a huge success and it was sooo much better than what I had expected, I am celebrating this like a victory that no one has ever enjoyed. 

I asked them again and again if it was good, and their answer was a resounding yes! So I guess they were telling the truth and not trying to be nice. I have low kitchen self-esteem, but I believe that's gonna change soon.

No comments: