Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I spent the morning taking up Noynoy 101 at my desk. Time Magazine's vivid recollection of the people power days sparked something inside me . All of a sudden I got goosebumps and tears streamed down my face. And I suddenly wish I had registered to vote to proclaim my support for Noynoy Aquino.

His platform, found on his website, promises to take Filipinos....

"From a government that treats its people as an export commodity and a means to earn foreign exchange, disregarding the social cost to Filipino families... to a government that creates jobs at home, so that working abroad will be a choice rather than a necessity; and when its citizens do choose to become OFWs, their welfare and protection will still be the government’s priority."

AMEN.

2 comments:

Cecille Cruz Nepomuceno said...

Hi zin, i read this Time Ga issue too. i learned the other day that this is one of Time's most read issue.
anyways, i was also moved by this article and had tears too while reading. Honestly, i have been rooting for Gibo. but this article is quite awakening that now im seriously considering Noynoy. i am very much confused but im praying God enlightens me and all voters, all Filipinos. -- Ces

Zeena said...

Hi Ces, yes I know! We need someone who inspires us to be better citizens, not someone who promises to give us the moon. May you continue to be inspired. By the way, may jowa ka na? Kwento ka naman!
zeenahhh@yahoo.com