Friday, February 12, 2010

The Mysteries

The mysteries of the Holy Rosary are a lot like our lives.
I think that we need to go through the joyful, sorrowful and glorious moments of our lives just to see where we stand at present.
It's nice to look back and sigh and give yourself a pat on the back when you realize that you're not doing bad at all.
There are people who are in worse situations, and you're just glad you have managed to survive and still have hope that things will be even better.
When I hold on to each bead and say the Hail Mary, I think that my decision to pray is actually working.
Every single prayer is heard by God and He is actually molding my future as I proclaim my beliefs.
It is a mystery that I should have all of this strength.
I honestly thought it was zapped a long time ago.
But hey I am still alive and I haven't given up yet.
There's no reason to.
I know I always forget or choose to be blinded by distractions.
But I have always believed, and now I choose to tell the world of His love.
He is my strength and He will always be number one on my list.
He's a cool dude for forgiving and forgetting and having entrusted me with a life worth living.
There are things that I will never understand, and they will remain a mystery forever.
But mysteries, though impossible to define, are a great way to learn about other people and myself.
The cirumstances remain bizarre and nameless and random, but they turn out to be the most significant events in my life.
And it is through these mysteries that I am able to see the light, and carry on.

No comments: