Thursday, February 25, 2010

It's someone's birthday at work today. Great weekender.
She is actually the third celebrant of this month.
It's good to celebrate birthdays at the office.
She will get a cake and blows loads of candles after the whole office give their heart-warming rendition of the Happy Birthday song, and then she cuts the cake and we all have a piece and we go back to work after a few minutes of chit chat.
And if we're lucky, the company will have the budget for buckets of KFC.
And don't forget the Pepsi for that explosive burp that concludes the celebration.
I received two cakes in 2008 when I celebrated my birthday here.
I liked that. I would have loved it if people started throwing slices of cake at each other and waged a well-documented massive food fight.
I don't know if I will ever receive a brithday cake at work in the future.
The people here are so sweet. They just have so much time in their hands and they make use of it to touch our lives. Why did I just laugh at what I wrote.
When I leave, I don't want no cake. Don't want no Coke either.
Maybe a toast or something. Or a cheer composed by the news team.
Something really fun and original. Like a motorcade with a big banner with my face on it.
Is that too much to ask of them? Maybe.
That would be cool though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Be careful what you ask for. As they say, you might just get it ;)