Sunday, July 26, 2009

Skinny Bitching

I'm reading this book called Skinny Bitch for the second time.
It's a light read, and it's quite funny.
It's essentially a self-help book on how to eat healthy, but it's tough love at its fiercest.
I like how they don't sugar coat (pun intended) the truth about two things:
the bad stuff in the food we eat (even what we believe to be the healthiest meal could be the devil), and how girls really feel about their bodies.
The dirty politics that has been going on in the food industry for decades.
Business tycoons in the sugar and meat industries rake millions of dollars from fooling consumers, never mind the fact that what they are putting on the shelves of supermarkets from California all the way to Manila are either killing people of making them grossly obese.
Skinny Bitch gives you the lowdown on healthy eating and living.

Having said that, I don't think I am ready to become 100% vegan.
I like my occasional chocolate treat and I can't resist to heed my craving for salty chips.
And I will never ever give up drinking. The book recommends organic wine sans sulfites.
Where the hell would I get that on a Thursday night, when I am dying of alcohol thirst and there are very limited options for buying booze?
So as much as I enjoy skinny bitchin', I am only absorbing parts of the book.
Take carbs, for example. I can now tell the good from the bad, and I try to stay away from the bad of course. That's easy. Goodbye rice, hello couscous.
And I am seeing the effects.
I am losing weight in a healthy manner, plus I am encouraged to work out all the time.
And of course, as the books says, there's nothing more gratifying than taking a big steamy dump.

No comments: