Monday, July 13, 2009

I wish someone would throw a Pinoy 80s party.
Bagets, Regal Babies, That's Entertainment.

The last 80s party I attended was awesome.
I went as Cynthia Patag and everyone thought I looked like her.
Her trademark, aside from her annoying voice, was the big ribbon on her apple-cut hair.
Unfortunately I realized that at the last minute, when I was putting on my leggings.
So started panicking and going through my stuff.
Mostly rubbish.
And then I saw something that could make a nice big ribbon and complete my Cynthia look.
It was the only clean object in my bag.
I stared at it for a looong time and debated whether to use it or not.
It was clean. It was bright green. Very 80s.
I had to make a move.
Time was running out.
So I took out the sanitary pad from its wrapper, tied the wrapper in the middle and attached an elastic to it. I got rid of the pad and placed the plastic ribbon neatly on my hair.
Voila. Cynthia Patag.

At my next 80s party, I would probably do something of that sort.
Maybe with a tampon?

No comments: