Sunday, March 26, 2006

PINKING ALOUD


PAINT MY DAY PINK, PLEASE!

These are my Pinks. Let me tell you about them.

Me and my fellow Pink Jel (rightmost in the picture) had just graduated from college and were looking for work. Then we learned about Creative Development Group, a group of TV brainstormers with ideas as fresh as ours. We told ourselves that while Jel waited for an opportunity to become the CEO of an advertising company and I prayed for an opportuniy to appear on TV, we might as well spend our time parttiming at CDG.

Then we met Bridge (second from left, can't miss her!), a fellow rookie at CDG. She was bubbly and up for a cigarette anytime, so Jel and I became friends with her. Well, her bubbliness turned out to be 20% of her personality. When we started brainstorming she created her own scary, action-packed, mistery-driven, dark dark dark TV concepts.

We met Lye, a happy person with shoulder-length blond curls. He was a senior brainstormer then, and was known for his wits and outstanding vocal stylings. When we neophytes had the chance to work with him, we then knew that we just had to have a dose of Lye everyday in order to survive -- and even enjoy -- the grueling working hours at CDG. And yes, he's the leftmost in the picture.

Elaine arrived at the CDG office in January 2005 looking so pretty and vulnerable. Along with a few other probationary members, we got to know Elaine better and personally, I discovered that she could be much stronger than me in many ways. And our friendship went beyond me teasing her about her Visayan accent.

And of course, since we became friends in college, Jel has become one my life's constants (and I only have a few). Being together in CDG made our friendship grow wonderfully, and our experiences with the other pinks made me realize that we were inseparable.

So whenever we Pinks get together, we talk about our lives.
We talk about Mother Lye's feelings of emptiness and desire for a change in his life.
We talk about Elaine's year-long lovelife dilemma that has had very interesting developments in the past few months.
We talk about Bridge and her frustrations, her angst, her career moves.
We talk about Jel's unpredictable lovelife and her surefire achievable goals.
We talk about my lovelife, how I always have a sucky one.

Sometimes we don't talk.
Lye strangles Bridge or pulls Elaine's hair.
Lye, Bridge and I finish a pack of Marlboro Lights on the helipad.
Jel scolds me, Elaine, Lye and Bridge for making wrong choices in life (well, that's when she's not doing her Alma Morano dance).
We look at men: on the streets, in the office, on the internet, in the *bar, at the beach... brainless men, nameless men, easygoing men, uptight men, men who like other men.
Or we sing.
Jel sings "Ocean Deep"
I sing "Saving All My Love For You"
Elaine sings "All My Life"
Bridge sings "Til They Take My Heart Away"
Lye sings "Through the Fire"
Or we go to an underground bar to watch our favorite rock band, Kiko Machine, kick ass.
Or we have our nails, faces and hair done.

I miss my Pinks. An email from one of them brightens up my day.

Mag email nga kayo mga baklang twoh! Tigilan niyo yang busy-busyhan na yan! Huwag nga kayo! Love you!






No comments: