Wednesday, June 03, 2009

I called Mama Becky to say hello today.
She said she couldn't go out to pay her Globe bill because of the heavy rain.
Rain!
Now I feel like taking the first plane headed for Manila.
Suddenly random memories of my rainy days back home flashed before my eyes.
Kath and me, at Starbucks Katipunan, waiting for her ride. Hoto chocolate. Validating all her statements in the blue book (UP speak).
Muddy water chasing my feet on the pavement as jeepneys roared past me.
Arriving at work all wet and folding my dripping umbrella in the corner.
Hot chocolate. Chai tea latter. Cello's Donuts and Dips.
I remember having to walk from Miriam to my house in Project 4 because my school bus left me and I the jeepneys were being jerks.
Spending the day indoors and watching old movies. I remember watching Along Came Polly dozens of times while the raindrops angrily knocked on my windows, calling my attention.
And I remember realizing how much of a Polly I was.
I still am, perhaps.
Rain makes me happy.
Wet cement, wet grass, wet shoes.
LIVE AIDS rehearsals at Vinzons that finished at 11 PM.
Yosi yosi on the ground floor of the ELJ building, with call center posses puffing away like zombies.
Beer after work.
Gay bars.
Trapped in a gay bar on a rainy night!
That was fun.
Doobie doobie doo. For free.
Rainy days on the beach.
Ahhh. Fruit shakes and kebabs.
Eastwood. I have fun memories at Eastwood.
I'm not sure if Cable Car still exists but that's where Charm, Kath, Fifi and I went for some drinks all the way from Sacred Heart Subdivision.
Scared Heart. Do you have any idea how far that place is?
Two words: Tungko Jeepney.
Rain on Taft Avenue is also as interesting.
Taft, Espana, E.Rodriguez.
Strong winds, flood up to my waist, leptospirosis fears putting an end to my happy commute.
And don't even get me started about Aurora Boulevard.
La lang.

No comments: