Friday, February 24, 2006

two words

i am in dubai right now and the weather is great.
it is cool and raining the whole day,
and locals here are telling fifi and me that we brought the
rain all the way from the philippines.
and maybe it's good luck.

this evening i had a great talk with a man named ayadh farooq.
he is an author of many interesting novels. (google him)
very intelligent person.
we talked over wine and cheese, cigarettes,
and a hot cup of chai tea latte that i prepared myself,
thank you very much.

he was married once and has had many relationships in the past.
we exchanged some thoughts about life and love.
i said that i was afraid that my next relationship would not work out.
he had many insights that made me feel better about myself, made me feel empowered
and encouraged to make bolder decisions.

in one of his books, he likened life to a long train ride.
some people take the whole trip, some stay until half of the trip,
some people ride at one station and get off at the next.
i shared my analogy of life. i think it is a party.
my guests will come and go, but the celebration will never end.
it's my party, and i will have fun regardless of who attended and whether they want to stay.

and after a two-hour talk, he came up with a conclusion
encapsulated in two words: Who Cares?
Yeah. Who cares if it doesn't work out?
I care about a person, I want to give it a try,
I want to feel special and cared for,
but in the end, if I end up alone, then who cares?

then i started to make my own versions of the two words.
i'm special.
no worries.
queen massage (it's his top secret).
etc etc.

whatever those two words are,
they have to make me feel better about myself and
make me feel that i can get by on my own.

which gave me the urge to ask you,
what are your two words?

try it.

No comments: