Thursday, October 11, 2012

Beef Tenderloin with Healthy Mushroom "Risotto"

Yup, I made this. Got the recipe from www.thefatkidinside.com, and altered it a little.

I don't know if mine tastes similar to his, but just seeing my version neatly arranged on a plate makes me happy.

I dry rubbed a nice piece of beef tenderloin with thyme, oregano, salt, pepper, cumin and cayenne pepper, seared all sides, and wrapped it in foil as Erwan says in the video. Then I made risotto from cooked lentils and quinoa with a bit of chicken broth, and grated light cheddar.

I served it to none other than Fifi!


I can say that I'm a better cook than a year ago, when I started making things in the kitchen that no one wanted to eat.

But I'm not there yet. There = dinner parties, "Come Dine With Me"-style dinners, catering services.



No comments: