Wednesday, October 31, 2012

10 Things I Like About Being Employed

Every time I find it hard to get up at 8 AM and hit the shower ...
Or whenever I grumble about the smallest glitches at work ...
Or when finding parking becomes impossible ...
Or when I decide that I have the hardest life in the world ...

I always go back to one thought and truth and that comforts me: I have a job.
I get paid every month, and people are happy with my work.
And having a career and a regular income is something I am very, very thankful for.

And along with that realization, I list down things I like about  being employed:

1. I always have something to do. My brain's always working. I learn. I grow.
2. I meet different people. And some of them turn out to be great friends and colleagues.
3. I am able to save up. I've even made an investment. I have a house!
4. I am able to help my family. I have made it possible for my sister to pursue a good education.
5. I can travel! I've been to different parts of the world, and I'm saving up for more holidays.
6. I get spoiled rotten. Once in a blue moon, but still! Free dinners, gift baskets, trips, make up. Love it.
7. I  have a sense of pride. I've worked non stop for eight years, and I've built a career I am happy about.
8. I have some dough to spend. I don't have a lot, but occasionally, I treat myself to a nice meal or a dress.
9. I feel secure. Twenty years from now, I'll have a bit of savings and can think about retirement. Hopefully.
10. I'm able to do some charity work. Fifi and I have a yearly volunteer and charity activity. And a fraction of my salary enables my altruism. Now that's something to be grateful for.

No comments: