Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Quarter life crisis visited me late.
Too late, in fact.
I am 28. I have no business worrying about what to do with my life.
I should have had that cheap insane moment ten years ago.
But there was no way I could slam the door in its face.
It came uninvited, and if I didn't deal with it, it was going to sleep over.
Jerk.
So I pondered.
Tried to think like a poet/the Dalai Lama/Maya Angelou and struggled to find words to console myself.
Needless to say, QLC left a gaping hole in my brain and I could not think of anything good to tell myself.
What a bummer.
Not even little miss perfect Kim Kardashian inspired me.
Tried to smile but ended up smirking at the thought of smiling.
What was there to smile about?
I was a big lump of mess.
Until Cookie went online.
She saved me.
We talked, talked some more, and laughed.
I feel so much better knowing that on the other side of the world a friend understands exactly what I am going through.
And helps me cope too.
And encourages me to be positive, productive, grateful and resilient.
Now all I need is a warm bath, two sleeping pills and I am all set to bury this episode six feet underground.
If I wake up and it's still there, God will find a way to save me again.
I'm glad He sent Cookie tonight.
Amen.

No comments: