Thursday, April 14, 2011

I am not a loser, but this morning I went online to look for inspirational quotes that would inspire me to go to work today.
A short backgrounder: I have been restless since I landed in Dubai last week, and started trying a bunch of home remedies and herbal pills to keep my stress levels down and help me go to sleep.
My efforts are not entirely futile, but I seem to be tiring myself more looking for more remedies to feel better and better.
It was becoming a pointless snowball of temporary cures to a messy mind.
So I tried another method.
Let's have a go at this Zen thing.
So I start by going online (dur... how do we always start something?) and these words made a HUGE difference to my day.
If they make you feel a little better, good.

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.
Henry David Thoreau

The only journey is the journey within.
Rainer Maria Rilke

We are either progressing or retrograding all the while; there is no such thing as remaining stationary in this life.
James Freeman Clarke

Fear less, hope more, eat less, chew more, whine less, breathe more, talk less, say more, hate less, love more, and good things will be yours.
Swedish Proverb

Half of the failures in life come from pulling one's horse when he is leaping.
Thomas Hood


No comments: