Saturday, April 02, 2011

Family first

I have spent a week and a half in Manila and I feel nothing but gratitude and happiness.
I am so glad to be able to witness my sister's graduation ceremonies and walk by her side as she ends a chapter in her life and begins a new one.
By doing this I've made two very important points that I hope she will never forget - I love her very much, and obtaining top notch education will take her places.
The day of my sister's graduation was also my mother's birthday.
On her special day and during my entire stay I made sure that I was able to serve her and show her how much I love her.
I cooked, shopped for clothes and waited on her.
I bought her favorite food and accompanied her to the hospital.
These are very small gestures, but these are the things I am capable of doing to make her happy.
My heart is filled with nothing but happiness and love, two things even the meanest, tallest, funkiest pair of shoes cannot replace.
Amen.

No comments: