Monday, November 29, 2010

When I was 22 I had all the time in the world. I would go home at 3 AM because I didn't want my evening with friends to end.
Today we are all over the world.
My friend Charm lives in Canada, Nomer is based in Australia, Izza flies for Kuwait Airways and so on and so forth.
We are all flying to Manila for the holidays and I promised to hang out with them for as long as time permits.
For as long as time permits?
Whatever happened to not caring about time?
It didn't matter that we had nothing in our pockets except a few bills and some cigarettes, because we could be together for days on end and we could tough it out together.
Today is very very different.
Nomer is asking for five hours of my time on December 22, because he wanted to catch up and have a serious conversation about life outside the Philippines.
Okay where the hell did that come from?
We were just nicking lattes at Starbucks Cubao eight years ago.
I have a month to see everyone and reconnect with them.
I want each and every meeting to be meaningful and long and fun and climactic.
We can't afford to just chill out and not do a thing.
If we're together, we have to do something.
That is weird.

No comments: