Tuesday, November 09, 2010

My 2010 List

Oh well. End of the year.
How do you gauge if your year has been successful?
I always have a list every time I change calendars.
And the list is carefully crafted - not too easy so that I may not falsely overachieve, and not too hard that I just end up frustrated and unhappy.

Last year most of the things on my list were checked.
There were some things I was not able to do because I was holding out.
I didn't know what I was waiting for, and I didn't know what I was so afraid of.

This year I'm going all out, because this is not the year to hold out.
Because this is not the year to regret.
It started out great - Fifi and I moved together, I got a new job, I cut down on smoking, reconnected with friends, and had a relationship with a good man.
I'm not about to end it with a long face.
Or a fat one.

So what are the last few items on the list?

Travel, travel, travel.
Go places I've never seen before.
I've saved enough to pursue my short-term dreams on a whim, and more.
By the end of the year I will have traveled to five places, each with its own charm and an overwhelming sense of distance from everything that burdened me.

Get physical!
Walk, run, swim, fly, fall. That is the way to get fit. And with my itinerary for the last two months of the year, it looks like I will be doing all those things.

Brainstorm investment options.
I will no doubt spend my money in the Philippines.
But I need to look at a few things - is it going to be property, agriculture, food, apparel, a love shack? Kidding about the last one.
But yeah I need a concrete plan and maybe a trustworthy business partner who's smarter than me.

So far that's it. I don't have a lot of goals left, because I have achieved most of them, thanks to the infinite power of the Lord and my own awesomeness.

Can't wait to make my 2011 list.

No comments: