Monday, August 03, 2009



Zoe was such a cute adorable kid.
And a smart aleck too.
She used to have witty conversations with old people, like our great grand parents.
May they rest in peace.
Ok so back to Zoe.
She looooved dogs. She would wake up in the middile of the night just to witness my uncle's dalmatians and boxers give birth.
She would look after the pups and watch my uncle feed them and bathe them.
She smelled really nice, like Johnson's baby powder or just the natural scent or an adorable little girl.
When she was 5, I dressed her in cargo shorts and Birks and she started to think she was a boy.
She rode bikes and did rough things in the playground.
That was a good laugh.
Her tomboy phase lasted a few months, which drove my mother crazy.
She also loved dancing.
She would do the otso otso like there was no tomorrow.
She would flash her toothless smile while grinding up and down.Then she would get all sticky and sweaty and we would all hug her.




In less than a decade, my sister bloomed inside and out and became a pretty young lady.
And she now has a boyfriend.
I cannot believe it.
She likes dressing up like like any funky teenager.
She likes her phone and her Nintendo DS Lite and her music and her pictures.
She likes hanging up on me because she thinks big sister is an old hag.
I didn't know what to think when I heard the news.
I knew there were a lot of gentlemen who would like to be around her.
But she had chosen one and now everything is official.
And when I go home in December I am likely to meet this man.
To be very honest, I don't like his hair and that drunken smile.
But my mom said he's a good guy. He visits Zoe at home and they all go to the mall.
Something like that.
And when I ask my sister about him, she stays on the phone with me for more than a minute, which is really unusual.
As long as he's a great guy, I don't really have a problem.
My problem is, I feel like an old fart.
My Zoe.














1 comment:

denise said...

awwwwwww.... <3