Sunday, February 17, 2008

Winner

I voted for myself on election day.

I had a ballot for every good deed.

I had a signature for every happy thought.

I had a thumb print for every hope sparked.

I won by a landslide, crushing my opponents.

Still I kissed them on the cheek and shook their hands.

I remember the campaign.

It was a struggle against bad feeling.

It was a battle between myself and external elements that I couldn’t control.

But my party was strong and my convictions were genuine.

I hope to get re elected and never lose power.

I will never ever declare martial law.

If I did, I would be fooling myself, shooing the bad away without giving myself a chance to turn things around and prove my true power.

I campaigned against all odds.

Frowns, criticism, coldness, deceit.

More than anything, it was a fight between my old self and the person I wanted to become.

And now I am almost halfway through completing 100 days in the presidential palace.

And so far, opinion polls are showing that I am succeeding.

It was long fight, and this is the reason I am cherishing my hard-earned victory.

There will be all kinds of distraction and tribulation and even pain.

But I will continue to be the happy president I had always wanted to be.

No comments: