Tuesday, February 12, 2008

It's a weird friendship that I can only divulge to people I truly trust.
I had no doubt we were going to hit it off and become the kind of friends we knew we could be.
I guess the absence of a person gives other people the freedom that they need to nurture healthy relationships.
This friendship was long overdue. While the longevity of such a perfect set up is not guaranteed, I am glad I experienced it at its peak, at the time when I wanted to experience it.
It was a platonic friendship that rooted from intelligence and jadedness and humor and the understanding of the human mind.
He was a safe haven, a dirty bastard who respects me and only me.
I am queen and I am making tea for him.
We are the friends that never were, and that should be enough reason to thank fate.
Maybe you can't be friends with your ex, but you certainly can have decent sane relationships with his friends.

No comments: