Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Manila!

I am in Manila and I feel sooo loved.
Lots of hugs, kisses and smiles!
I caught up with some of my friends already, and on my third day here, I can say that I have assuaged my fears of not being able to fit in again with the gang.
They love me, we still laugh at the same things, and if there's been any change it would be a nice one --- something that inspires me to work harder when I'm back in Dubai, so that in another 12 months, I can be with my loved ones again.
Family and friends are warmer, more excited to see me than ever.
Never mind the fact that I am 10 kg heavier now.
Never mind the fact that I am still living the modern gypsy lifestyle (penniless, restless, careless).

I hopped in a cab and had a chat with the driver.
They all hate GMA here. They all hate the government.
They also hate Trillanes for having only one ball --- he spearheaded the mutiny but quickly surrendered. People on the streets say that had he continued it, everyone would be marching to the key places in Manila and overthrow Gloria.
I missed this. The aggressiveness and openness to talk shit about the government.
The freedom to cuss at whoever makes life harder for me and you.
The polluted air on Aurora Boulevard.
The jeepneys. The pickpockets (as long as I'm not the target).
The takatak boys. The noise. The colors.
Manila Manila Manila I'm breathing Manila for the first time in almost two years and I love everything about it!
I love that I have mud on my legs because the Angono jeepney wanted to have fun with me.
I love sweating, I love eating, I love drinking in Manila.

Ok can't be bothered to type more.
Laters!

No comments: