Monday, December 03, 2007

Counted all the times
And my fingers fell off
And I really want to know
How the hell he got off
I was supposed to pin him down
And I wanted him to beg
But I find myself on my knees
With him pulling my leg

I wasn't sure it was right
My teachers never mentioned this
My parents said to stop this shit
I never wanted to fight
So I pursed my lips
And cursed myself
And then I knew
I needed help

I really want to know
How he sleeps at night
While I negotiate my thoughts
He's nowhere in sight
I wanted him to stay
But he wanted to be free
Now he wants me to stay
Only if he stays free

I feel the cold air
Brushing my skin
HE warms me up
And I know he'll win

Again
Again
Again

And I won't know what to say
To my friends, my friends, my friends
Coz I so want him to stay
But I don't want to give myself away
Away
Away
Away

And I never had this problem
When I was small
Now I need to decide
Need to be tall
Taller than he is
Taller than his dreams
Taller than what I had foreseen

No comments: